Pre - Conference Workshops – Tuesday, 16th May 2017
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM Shared Services 101: The Fundamentals of Designing, Building and Implementing a Shared Service CentreRakesh Sangani, Managing Partner, Finance Transformation, Shared Services and Outsourcing, Proservartner
Critical to the success of a new shared service operation, is a clear purpose, a detailed business case, a gated approach and a focus on the people. This workshop will focus on the essential activities to plan, launch, stabilize and transform a new shared services organization
- Establishing a clear purpose and vision
- Conducting feasibility and cost analysis: Building a successful business case and baseline
- Implementing transformation
- Identifying and retaining your top performers during times of change
- Change leadership – mastering the key to a successful transformation
- The top 10 must haves for SSC success!
Rakesh SanganiManaging Partner, Finance Transformation, Shared Services and Outsourcing
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM Service Please! Driving Awesome Customer Experience in your SSC
Automation and cost-savings are important but if you aren’t pleasing your customer then the whole process becomes defunct. Customer satisfaction has been an important KPI for shared services & outsourcing organisations as customers increasingly expect to get more than just consistent services from their SS&O organization. They want “innovation” and “continuous improvement” in the services they receive.
- Driving continuous improvement and developing the capability to please customers again and again
- Developing a customer centric culture throughout the shared services organization
- Making it easy for clients to engage in the solution design, mapping the components of the services catalogue to their specific business requirements
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Operationalising RPA – Top 10 Challenges (and How to Overcome Them!)Paul Donaldson, Advisor and Practice Lead Robotics Process Automation, Alsbridge
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is transforming the shared services market, taking business process automation to the next level and redefining labor and location strategies through the advent of the virtual workforce. But using RPA platforms to create automations is the easy part – the challenge lies in shepherding the transition to an automation-enabled operating model and to then manage the new environment to ensure responsiveness to constantly changing business requirements.
This workshop will open with an overview presentation and interactive group discussion on the “Top 10 Challenges” to operationalising RPA, including case studies on how Alsbridge clients have overcome them. The main group will then disperse into breakout sessions for focused dialogue on:
- Collaboration with IT on architecture, infrastructure, security and change management
- Communication planning, stakeholder management and organisational redesign
- Governance, compliance, controls, audit and measuring success
- RPA COE org structure, roles, responsibilities, skillsets, service delivery methodology and interface to business/operations
Paul DonaldsonAdvisor and Practice Lead Robotics Process Automation
10:45 AM - 12:45 PM Creating Competitive Advantage with Continuous Improvement and QualitySuzi Cearns, Head of Product Management, Customer Success ,
As an industry shared services have moved far beyond mere cost saving to contributing to corporate strategy, and driving decision making. In a time where resources are scarce, time even more so and everyone is trying to do more with less, continuing to drive the best possible results from your Finance Shared Services is vital. This workshop discusses the 5 ways to create a seriously competitive FSSC using a mixture of industry best practice and case-studies:
• Break it down: What can we automate? And how do we do it?
• Driving Continuous Improvement in a time poor function
• Reducing error and governance to drive quality
• Leading your team through the change and bringing them along the journey
Suzi CearnsHead of Product Management, Customer Success
10:45 AM - 12:45 PM The How-to-Guide to Digital TransformationTobias Sebastian Unger, Head of Organizational Development and Strategic Projects, Siemens
Digital business is a reality; replacing labour intensive activity with software driven workflow, utilising mobile-apps and working with data analytics are just a few of the ways shared services can embrace it. This workshop acts as a sneak peak into how you can make the most of digital transformation in your shared services.
Panel Discussion: Embedding Digital Technologies in the Workplace
OCR Technology, e-invoicing, collaborative platforms, enterprise management systems, workflow management; what are some of the most cutting edge technologies in the market and how can they benefit your centre. This panel will also look at how to demonstrate the ROI of digital technology
Presentation: Overcoming the Challenges of Self-Service
What’s holding up Digital Transformation – lack or urgency, funding, limitations of IT, unclear business case – what should you watch out for?
Optimisation through Digital Workflows
Using data analytics for real-time reporting and business strategy
Tobias Sebastian UngerHead of Organizational Development and Strategic Projects
10:45 AM - 12:45 PM Leadership and Change Management
- The characteristic of 5 different SSC leadership styles and approaches and the benefits and pitfalls of each one when it comes to leading change
- A practical session which looks at the 4 elements model of leadership energy and how to create more awareness of you current and required state
- The 5 focuses of an SSC leader dealing with change and how to find balance without going crazy
10:45 AM - 12:45 PM Delivering best-in-class cash application at AkzoNobelAndreas Knopf, Partner, BPI Business Process Integration Michael van der Streen , Global Process Owner, O2C, Akzo Nobel
Ongoing pressure to save operational costs coupled with rapid automation achievements have led many shared service centers to reassess the potential of automatic cash application. Discovering that it can provide them with cost savings, process standardization, robust governance and increased productivity. Michael van der Steen, GPO O2C, AkzoNobel NV – one of the top 20 most admired Shared Service Organizations globally -will outline AkzoNobel’s approach to best-in-class cash application in SAP:
• Cash application – why is it a key SSO topic?
• Setting smart goals and measuring them
• Organizational excellence and continuous improvement
• Implementation and rollout
The workshop will deliver insights into how other organisations drive process excellence in cash application, looking specifically at manual vs rule based process automation vs machine learning.
BPI Business Process Integration
Michael van der StreenGlobal Process Owner, O2C
12:45 PM - 2:45 PM Mid-Cap Master-Class: Making Shared Services Work No Matter Your Size!
SSON understands that while stories from Fortune 500 firms may be exciting, not every shared service centre has the budget or resources to compete on this scale. Nevertheless the shared service model can still be an enormously powerful tool within a mid-cap company, enabling agility, cost-savings and a platform for growth and international expansion. We have restricted this specially developed master-class purely to case-studies that can be easily implementable in a company of mid-cap size, helping you to walk away with some quick wins and practical insight.
This in-depth Master Class will be a hybrid of presentations and roundtable discussions so that you get the best of both worlds.
Using Your SSC as a Platform for Company Expansion
- Remaining agile to respond quickly as your company grows
- Workforce planning: Working with business units to establish future plans and supporting them
- Global standardization and governance
Gaining Buy-in for Your Shared Services Initiative
- Establishingquick wins to prove the value of SSC within your business
- Tailoring the model to suit your size
- Bringing together smaller and remote teams
- Governance and Control
- Working with remote teams and employees
- Pre-requisites and scale for automation: How big do you really need to be?
- Competing with the big brands for talent
- Accessing SSC benefits on a smaller scale