Day Two –Wednesday May 17th 2017
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Coffee & Registration
8:30 AM - 8:40 AM Chairman’s Opening Day Two
Big Idea Keynote Presentation
8:40 AM - 9:20 AM The Rise of the Robots: Robot Revolution, Artificial Intelligence and Job Automation, Technology and the Threat of a Jobless FutureMartin Ford, Futurist, New York Times Bestselling Author,, Speaker and Silicon Valley Entrepreneur
Martin Ford explores the ways in which “robots” and other technological advances are outpacing humans in all kinds of sectors, offering a realistic view of what the future of work—and your place in it—will look like. But beyond pragmatic concerns, Ford addresses a bigger question: can accelerating technology disrupt our entire economic system to the point where a fundamental restructuring is required? In the past, even as jobs were eliminated, jobs were created to replace them. Increasingly, though, new machines will be able to take care of themselves. The effects of this transition could be shattering. But there will be opportunities as well. Do we continue to listen to those who argue that nothing fundamental has changed, and take a bad bet on a miserable future? Or do we begin to discuss what we must do to ensure all of us, and not just the few, benefit from the awesome power of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other breakthroughs? The time to choose is now. This talk is both an exploration of this new technology and a call to arms to address its implications.
Martin FordFuturist, New York Times Bestselling Author,
Speaker and Silicon Valley Entrepreneur
9:20 AM - 10:00 AM Panel Discussion: Global Standardisation, Agility and Increased Visibility: How Can a GBS Model Add Value to Your Organization?Julie Harbert, Senior Vice President, Head of GBS and Shared Services Transformation, Royal Philips Bobby Abraham, Executive Vice President, Global Head of Finance SSCs, Vodafone Guy Mercier, Senior Executive Vice-President, Head of Global Services Strategy & Delivery, Solvay Business Services
Some say it’s little different to a SSC model, others say that it has bought them significant, tangible benefits. But would a GBS model work for your organization? And if you’ve already taken that leap, do you have a clear plan on how to progress further? This session draws input from some of the most experienced and innovative GBS models around, and tries to understand what makes them great. Hear lessons on:
· Transitioning from a SSC to GBS
· Creating in-depth business insights
· GPOs: Creating cross-functional management and new accountability lines
· Ensuring and maintaining executive sponsorship for your GBS project
Julie HarbertSenior Vice President, Head of GBS and Shared Services Transformation
Bobby AbrahamExecutive Vice President, Global Head of Finance SSCs
Guy MercierSenior Executive Vice-President, Head of Global Services Strategy & Delivery
Solvay Business Services
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Reserved for Client Testimonial hosted by WNS
Morning Coffee and Networking
10:30 AM - 11:10 AM Book Signing with Martin Ford
Get your signed copy of Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future Financial Times/McKinsey Business Book of the Year 2015 and New York Times Best Seller
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Interactive Discussion Groups – Three Choices
During this part of the summit, delegates will be sorted into groups of 15 to take part in Interactive Discussions around the topics below. Delegates will get the opportunity to select three topics and will rotate between their choices every 40 minutes. Discussion groups are kept small to ensure all delegates get the opportunity to ask their most pressing questions, ensuring a perfectly tailored experience
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Creating a Business Case for Global Payroll
- How do you create a business case for global payroll? What are the benefits of a global payroll system? What are some watchouts when investigating and executing a global payroll system?
- Globalization of policies: Is it possible to have one global payroll policy?
- Using single or multiple outsourcing providers: Can one work end-to-end?
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM The 3 pillars for world-class GBS performance
- Optimising your service delivery model from SSC to GBS
- Achieving excellence in functional and business services
- Leveraging integrated, enterprise-wide operations
- What does a true GBS model look like?
- Operational agility
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Operationalising RPA – the 5 steps to implementationAdam Devine, Vice President, Product Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, WorkFusion
- Collaborating with IT on architecture, security and change management
- Communication planning and stakeholder management
- Organisational re-design
- Skill-sets needed
Adam DevineVice President, Product Marketing & Strategic Partnerships
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Best-in-Class E-invoicing
-What represents best-in-class e-invoicing?
- How should e-invoicing interact with the supplier portal?
- What is the best mix of technology and automation?
- Using e-invoicing to enable better decision-making and improving cash-flow
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Make Your Master Data Better
- How do you organize your master-data services to enable the best possible governance and access?
- Cleansing and finding reliable data
- Bringing data sources together across the business
- Is MDM automation possible?
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Getting Started with RPA: Developing a successful pilot and quick wins
- Working with your IT department to embed RPA
- Creating an adoption road-map
- Establishing success criteria and pilot trial design
- Demonstrating ROI and establishing quick wins to maintain executive sponsorship
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM You’ve got Millennial Employees all Wrong: 5 things you need to know nowChris Gunning, Global Shared Services Finance Operations Lead, VimpelCom
-Individuality against the reductionist mentality: Removing the broad-brush approach
- Empowering millennials: Engagement through sharing responsibility
- Supporting work-life balance
- Giving feedback…in the right way
Chris GunningGlobal Shared Services Finance Operations Lead
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Global Process Owners: Balancing Governance and EmpowermentRob McDonald, Senior Finance Leader, Global Process Ownership Team, BT
- How do you empower GPOs with the authority to drive through decisions?
- Getting executive and stakeholder buy-in as a GPO
- Re-drawing and communicating reporting lines for accountability and performance delivery
Rob McDonaldSenior Finance Leader, Global Process Ownership Team
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM The Ultimate Guide to Change Management!Christopher Stolz, IT Team Lead, Swiss Life
- Transparency and communication
- What are the factors needed for a seamless change management project?
- Expect the unexpected: Red-flags and contingency plans
- How can you create quick-wins?
Christopher StolzIT Team Lead
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Unlocking your cash potential through dynamic discounting and supply chain financeMark Burrows, Group Head of Shared Services, Amec Foster Wheeler
-Creating new profit sources whilst maintaining cash flow control
-Negotiating better payment terms
-How to use dynamic discounting to turn your P2P function from a cost to a profit centre
Mark BurrowsGroup Head of Shared Services
Amec Foster Wheeler
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Leadership in change management: How good is your EQ?Bonnie Gust, VP, Shared Services Global Shared Services – EMEA & Asia, Asda Walmart
-Leading the way through a complex transformation
- Getting the buy-in of your staff and keeping it
- Communicating changes to your staff
- Aligning all departments with your vision
- Harmonising policies, processes and culture
Bonnie GustVP, Shared Services Global Shared Services – EMEA & Asia
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Location exploration: Evolving trends in Eastern Europe
-Which location has the right level of language proficiency to support your SSC
- What are the primary challenges in moving your centre to LATAM?
- Cultural nuances you need to be aware of
- Tax, legal and regulatory perspectives
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM M&A: Managing your SSC in a mergerRohit Nath, VP Global Head of Finance Operations, Cargill
- Overcoming the us vs. them mentality
- Bridging the knowledge gap and showcasing opportunities
- Convincing the business to relinquish control and demonstrating the value of harmonization
- Aligning systems, policies and processes
Rohit NathVP Global Head of Finance Operations
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Building a case for advanced tax and accounting compliance in your SSC
Tax and accounting functions are under increasing pressure to add more value to the business – to move from being a cost centre to creating serious profits. Centralising functions such as VAT compliance, statutory reporting and transfer pricing documentation can deliver significant benefits by automating routine data management and reporting processes. This roundtable discusses the unexpected benefits centralisation of such a function can provide and discusses how you can get the buy-in from stakeholders across the business.
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Artificial Intelligence and Shared Services: It’s not as far away as you think!
-How is AI being implemented in SSCs today?
- From RPA to AI and cognitive platforms, what does the maturity road-map look like?
- How will your workforce be reinvented by AI?
- Identifying pitfalls and opportunities for AI in the SSC
11:10 AM - 1:10 PM Omni-Channel and Everpresent: Embedding Service Excellence
-Creating excellent CEM on the phone, online and via social media
- Service recovery: Creating a bounce-back contingency plan and dealing with complaints
- Surprising service
- Empowering staff to respond to customer complaints
1:10 PM - 2:10 PM Digital Visionaries Lunch
Invite Only Lunch with Martin Ford –Leading expert on the Robot Revolution, Artificial Intelligence, Job Automation, and the Impact of Accelerating Technology on Workplaces, the Economy and Society. This lunch will be a Q&A and brainstorm session for SSC leaders interested in reinventing business operations for the cognitive era. AI, predictive analytics, next generation business services – where are we headed? Those not open to pushing boundaries, need not apply.
Functional Fast Tracks Begin
2:10 PM - 2:40 PM Change with Loose ChangeDean Smith, Global Head of Shared Services & Solutions, Finance Operations, Zurich Insurance
The advent of the hi-tech digital enterprise coupled with increasing globalisation, would have many believe that evolving to a modern SSC requires serious investment. However this isn’t necessarily the case, astute adjustments to financial operations alongside carefully chosen RPA implementations can still result in greater efficiency, enhanced quality and better customer experience. This session is a realistic view at transformation on a tight budget, giving you insight you can go home and implement right now
Dean SmithGlobal Head of Shared Services & Solutions, Finance Operations
2:10 PM - 2:40 PM Making the cut! What’s in and what’s out for the modern HRSSCFraser Kirk, VP Global HR Shared Services, Brambles
Payroll, L&D, analytics, labour relations, recruitment; as HR Shared Services move up the value-chain there’s no end to the breadth of services possible within your centre. But what services make the most sense in a centralised environment? Which create the quickest wins and engender the most buy-in?
This session explores the optimum balance of services in a generalist and specialist HRSSC
Fraser KirkVP Global HR Shared Services
2:10 PM - 2:40 PM Panel Discussion: Inside, Outside, Strategic, Operational: Which GPO model is right for you?Joanne Gavigan, Director, Global Process Owner, Account to Report, Unisys Emma France, Global Process Owner R2R, Astra Zeneca Helen Boyd, Global Purchase to Pay Lead, Dropbox
Are you treading a well-worn path or striking out on your own when it comes to your GPO methodology? Although the concept has been around for some time, SSCs have developed different strategies when it comes to the role of GPO. This panel debates the options allowing you insight into which can drive your business forward:
-Inside or Out? Where should a GPO sit within the enterprise?
- Reporting lines and accountability for performance delivery
- Using performance metrics to promote change and get stakeholder buy-in
- Measuring cost vs. benefit in the GPO implementation
- GPOs as subject matter experts
2:10 PM - 2:40 PM RPA at Bosch Shared Services: Humanizing the RobotIrfan Ali, Robotics Process Automation Lead, Bosch
- RPA journey at Bosch: Going beyond Cost and scaling milestones from Concept to Rollout
- Need to define a digital policy to humanize the robot – KPI ownership, Quality, Identity
- Key Lessons from the Digital Workforce: Foundation for building an Industrialized Robotic development ecosystem
Irfan AliRobotics Process Automation Lead
2:10 PM - 2:40 PM Organisational Agility: GBS Model in a Diverse Environment
Whether you are acquiring companies, expanding into new markets – or heaven forbid – retrenching, it is vital that your GBS model is operationally agile and flexible. How do you empower regional leaders with the right level of responsibility to remain flexible, whilst still managing governance and cost control? What combination of technology vs. talent will make you most agile and finally which operating model will make you the most responsive to urgent business needs?
2:45 PM - 3:15 PM Case Study: Digitizing your finance process to create quicker payment times and better customer experience
According to Mckinsey process digitization can cut costs up to 90%, it also enables better data collection which can be mined to understand process performance, cost drivers and potential risks. But anything this good can’t be simple? Can it? This session takes us through a case-study on process digitalization, delving into not only technology, but implementation, change management, hard benefits and challenges
2:45 PM - 3:15 PM Panel Discussion: Eradicate inefficiencies and find HR golden nuggets: Making HR Tech work for you
-Using technology and data to uncover process inefficiencies
- In a multitude of offerings, which tech is truly transforming HR?
- Getting buy-in for your technology transformation
- HR Portals, Case Management, Electronic Document Management and RPA, how can these technologies possibly work together?
- Using technology to identify golden nuggets of insight
- Enhancing user experience to drive employee tech adoption
2:45 PM - 3:15 PM Due Diligence, Change management and Strong Governance: Ensuring a smooth transition to outsourcing
- Establishing which activities are the best for outsourcing
- Creating a governance balance: How can you get the oversight you need?
- Communication to all stakeholders, easing the change management
- Making the BPO provider part of your team
- How to set BPO team up for success
2:45 PM - 3:15 PM Intelligent Automation (RPA) Security Governance (How to Ensure Your BOT Doesn’t Go Terminator)
- Understand howIA increases traceability of all processes steps (including multiple system logins and cut-n-pasting data between systems)
- Should a BOT have an independent login id or operate as a role assigned to a human team member?
- What controls and preventative actions should you put in place to monitor the BOT and satisfy SOX IT audit controls?
2:45 PM - 3:15 PM Roundtable Discussion Making Innovation part of your GBS DNA
RPA, intelligent automation, digital transformation – no doubt all of these will form a big part of your strategy over the next few years, but this transformation cannot be left for just you and you alone to push through. How do you affect a cultural mindset shift and get your wider team onboard to start innovating, questioning the process and driving the GBS in the direction you need it to take.
3:20 PM - 3:50 PM HR and Robotics: Threat or Opportunity?
-How can RPA be applied to HR?
-Recruiting, Payroll, scheduling, talent management: Examiningexisting work that can be automated
- Linking Robotics to your self-service system
- What if the Robot breaks down: Do you need bot’ runners?
- Case Study of HR RPA in practice
3:20 PM - 3:50 PM Achieving the Impossible: Delphi’s End-to-End Process across Captive and BPOCarlo Peretti, Director Global Business Services, Delphi
-Working alongside the outsourced provider to build your GBS model
- Captive vs. BPO
- Achieving high maturity and world class performance through Robotics implementation
- Driving business initiatives through data analytics
Carlo PerettiDirector Global Business Services
3:20 PM - 3:50 PM Reserved for Automation Anywhere
3:20 PM - 3:50 PM Expanding and Broadening Services: Benchmarking Value-Added ServicesMike Stops, Group Director Service Centres, NSG
This is an interactive brainstorming session where attendees are encouraged to go round the table revealing their value-add service catalogues and what’s working (or not) for them:
- Contrasting and comparing service catalogues
- Marketing, Pricing, Treasury, Risk – what are others doing and how far can you push the model?
- Which activities create quick wins, and which aren’t worth the effort
Mike StopsGroup Director Service Centres
3:55 PM - 4:55 PM Networking Break and Demo Drive
4:55 PM - 5:25 PM Client Testimonial - WorkFusion
5:25 PM - 5:40 PM Live Benchmarking Session – Part Two
This session represents the second part of our excusive visual benchmarking analytics. Focusing on one of your biggest challenges – this session hones in on talent – looking at average and optimum attrition, cost to serve, availability of graduates and language skills
5:40 PM - 6:20 PM Customer Experience, Technology Transformation and Design Thinking: How HSBC’s HR Shared Services is now essential to business successMark Jones, Global Head of HR Operations, HSBC
In recent years HSBC’s HR Shared Services has undergone an impressive evolution, increasing its scope of services whilst simultaneously achieving 35% reduction in costs and headcount and maintaining high levels of employee satisfaction. Now, well into a second wave of change, the focus is on adding business value by transforming customer (employee and manager) experience, integrating knowledge management (HR policy, practice, advice and information), self service and transaction processing. This will ultimately create a sleek, modern HR Shared Services with a seat at the table and a direct impact on business performance. The transformation brings together technology, design thinking, organization redesign (moving from transactional to value-add) and globalisation. In this session Mark Jones, Global Head of HR Operations explains how this is being done; challenges and hard benefits.
Mark JonesGlobal Head of HR Operations