14-17 May, 2018 | Lisbon, Portugal
Agenda Day 1
8:00 am - 8:15 am Registration and Breakfast
WORKSHOP A8:15 am - 10:00 am SSC 101 – Designing, Planning and Implementing Shared Services and GBS
Setting up a GBS is enabling organisations to benefit from improved agility and scalability, meeting the needs of the business, reduced costs, better analysis of existing data, and impact on the top and bottom line. In this Masterclass, learn more about getting the concept right, building the business case and taking the business with you.
In particular, the workshop will enable you to:
- ·Discover the “need to know” for location strategy
- ·Establish a clear roadmap for change, and clarity and vision for your transformation
- ·Understand your new market, the talent capabilities and the opportunities for future growth
- ·Develop a blueprint for your organisational model
- ·Importance of stabilisation (and not just focussing on Go Live)
- ·Build effective governance models
- ·Learn from companies who have set up in the region about what they did, and crucially, what they would do differently
WORKSHOP B8:15 am - 10:00 am Build Your New FTE – Bringing Bots to Life!
How can Robotic Process Automation
drive transformational business
In this session:
- Master Robotic Process Automation
on an enterprise scale
- Build your bot – witness first-hand
how a leading RPA provider builds
a bot that is tailored to your needs
- Interact and integrate with the
system to enable your bot to solve
your business needs
WORKSHOP C8:15 am - 10:00 am Customer Excellence 101
class customer service
has never been more critical, as
today’s businesses continue to be
disrupted with new technologies and
competition. Within the SSC world,
customer operations enablement
and engagement is essential, as
more and more SSCs become more
Learn how to:
- Establish your customer
- Digitising your customer journey
- Developing a customer centric culture
- How great does service need to be?
WOKSHOP D8:15 am - 10:00 am GBS Transitions
Global standardisation, increased
agility, improved visibility over your
operations...these are just some of
the many cited benefits of adopting
a GBS model.
However, the transition from multi-
centre SSCs to GBS is a tough one to
make, how do you evaluate if it would
work for your organisation? And if
you are already on the GBS journey,
do you have a clear plan on how to
In this session, hear from Business
Services leaders who have made
the jump and hear expert insights
about the “do’s and don’ts” of the
- Capitalise on your economies of
scale by standardising further
- Address the challenges of having a
‘one-size-fits all’ approach
- Support GBS whilst ensuring Shared
Services still works for your business
- GPOs: Creating cross-functional
management and new
WORKSHOP E8:15 am - 10:00 am Millennial Talent – Strategies to Attract, and Retain Generation Y....and Z!
With the average age of a SSC/GBS
professional being mid-twenties, and
a marked and well-documented
shift in how the incoming generation
views work, what strategies
should innovative SSC and GBS
organisations be adopting?
In this session:
- Discover how Dell EMC has placed
employee Net Promotor Scores and
Corporate Net Promotor Scores at
the heart of its business strategy
- Effectively create a cohesive
strategy for talent – building
relationships with government
and education pillars to ensure a
continued flow of talent
- Identify leadership pathways
- Driving engagement – the essential
role of company culture
10:00 am - 10:15 am Morning Refreshments
WORKSHOP F10:15 am - 12:00 pm Answers from Analytics – tapping into the power of data to achieve business critical insight
Understand how to cut through the
numbers to control your data and
provide business clarity
- Define the outline of a data governance program, framework and methodology that is embedded into the core of a company’s
- Construct a single practical / cross-functional
case of how data can be tangibly
applied to the top &bottom line
- How to’ Data – a quick start
checklist of the basics
WORKSHOP G10:15 am - 12:00 pm Small is beautiful – Developing a collaborative Strategy to beat the brands!
Most SSCs in Europe have fewer than
300 employees – how can they utilise
their “small is beautiful” mindset to
engage and retain talent?
We understand that whilst stories from
global giants, such as FTSE-listed and
Fortune 500 firms are inspirational not
every shared service centre has the
budget or resources to compete on
In this session:
- Discover how smaller SSCs are
developing cultures and strategies
to automate and retain staff, often
without the large budgets to do so.
- Develop a competitive edge in
the “dog-eat-dog” SSC industry –
battling the brands
- Leverage technology, people and
process, to make quick wins without
an endless budget
WORKSHOP H10:15 am - 12:00 pm Power up your Leadership Capabilities – Developing a Business Services Institute
The role of SSC/GBS professional has
changed drastically in recent years,
as more value-add and complex
activities become integrated into SSC.
Adaptability is key, and employees
and leaders need to be able to
adapt to changing circumstances
and to provide insight to the rest of
the business, quickly and coherently.
In an industry increasingly made
up of millennials where automation
is booming, how do you establish
exceptional training for the SSC
leaders of tomorrow?
In this session:
- Learn how National Grid is placing
training and development at the
heart of the GBS structure, ensuring
higher skill levels and levels of
engagement for years to come.
- Discover how to establish a GBS Institute
- Continuous Improvement and
ongoing training for your staff
Develop a stratergy and retrain your team as their
careers, and your services, evolve
WORKSHOP I10:15 am - 12:00 pm Construct your next-stage service strategy - Transforming to a culture of dynamic innovation and harnessing data to advance your HR Shared Service capability
In this deep-dive workshop, discover
how Microsoft has transformed its
Global HR Service Delivery model, which supports 83,000 employees
across 65 countries, in order to
support its company transformation
Learn how it is utilising a
variety of technological initiatives,
but balancing this with the talent
and expertise of people and process
within digital opportunities
n this session:
- Discover how to develop a strategy
to enhance your operational
capabilities, moving up the value-
chain and delivering enhanced
results back to your business.
- Deploy amplifying service center
technology, in order to innovate
and become an agile business
partner, responding to evolving
- Establish and maintain a customer-
- Data mining – how to use analytics
to provide real business value
WORKSHOP J10:15 am - 12:00 pm Intelligently Automating – Identifying, Prioritising and Implementing your Automation Programme
How to evaluate use cases and calculate the ROI on Intelligent Automation (cognitive + RPA) in shared services
64% of shared services operations have leveraged RPA in some capacity, but of those who have, only 9% report meaningful scale and nearly all report technology, licensing, and enablement challenges in their deployments. It’s time to remove the bottlenecks and make a real impact.
In this deep-dive workshop, learn how to construct a cohesive strategy surrounding RPA, which will enable you to deliver maximum returns to your business in the shortest possible timeframe. Establish and elevate your intelligent automation rulebook, and develop a clear strategy for 2018...and beyond.
In this session you will:
- Benchmark your RPA progress against peers in a frank, collaborative discussion
- Identify roadblocks you have faced in achieving true scale and transformational benefit
- Discuss new use cases for cognitive automation (e.g. document-intensive O2C, P2P, AP and onboarding)
Plan an illustrative roll-out of cognitive automation that aligns with your RPA efforts
12:00 pm - 12:50 pm Lunch
12:50 pm - 1:00 pm Main Conference Registration Opens
1:00 pm - 1:10 pm SSON Opening remarks
1:10 pm - 1:20 pm Opening Remarks from the Chairperson
1:20 pm - 1:50 pm A New Vision for the Future of Shared Services
Join this keynote session to hear from one of the world’s largest and most established GBS organizations. P&G is designing the next generation of shared service operations in a digital
world, driving innovation and disrupting the status quo through their unique GBS strategy and philosophy without increasing their budget. Learn how GBS within P&G continues to
evolve, reinventing its operational capabilities to ensure a customer-centric organisation within this Fortune 500 company. Discover how GBS is using disruptive capabilities like AI,
automation and machine learning to power an entirely self-funded global operation that better enables regional and local teams to serve billions of consumers around the world,
transforming the role GBS plays for the business and the company’s bottom line.
1:50 pm - 12:00 am The Art of GBS – generating value to your business
n this keynote session, hear how multi-billion turnover chemicals giant has reinvigorated its faltering GBS programme through a dedicated and concerted effort to change the way in
which business services was viewed by the wider organisation. With a commitment to 150M EUR savings year-on-year for the next three years, discover how this organisation is integrating
GBS objectives in order to transform not only GBS, but the wider business as a whole.
In this session:
- Codifying change –transforming GBS into a senior business advisor
- Top-line benefits realisation – develop a strategy to impact business operations
- Intergrating GBS as an integral part of the business
2:20 pm - 3:00 pm Fireside chat: Plug’n Play Robots, helping you to deliver the key Target Operating Models (TOMs) expected from a modern SSC organisation
Some large organisations will shed light on their robotic journey to 3 key objectives for the survival of SSCs: Flexibility, Leanness & Scalability. They have selected a path that some research
analysts call “Accelerated Robotics” which encompasses Plug’n Play robots with process knowledge (Finance, HR, IT, Supply Chain, etc.) and pre-built integrations with enterprise systems
such as ERP.
In this session:
- Flexibility: quickly & effectively integrate new market opportunities into existing operations
- Leanness: operate at high efficiency by robotising both simple and complex processes by as much as 100% end-to-end.
- Scalability: the Plug’n Play nature of these Robots and the ability to manage 1000s of Robots across the globe will allow you to change the size of operations up or down at speed, in
the face of downturn or recovery, divestments or acquisitions.
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm Industry Bingo- Networking Break
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm RPA Panel – Embrace the Bot!
Last year, 70% of you were in “RPA exploration” phase, either conducting pilots or due dil surrounding the potential benefits of RPA. In this interactive panel discussion – learn from those
who have taken the plunge, and who are now reaping the rewards. Discover how expert-level practitioners on how they are operationalising RPA and embedding it within the DNA of
their companies, and walk away with the confidence and insight to take your operations to the next level.
In this session:
- Hear from an expert panel of end-users at different stages of their RPA journey who are reaping the rewards of the RPA revolution
- Implementing robotics, the stumbling blocks and key issues
- A frank discussion surrounding the benefits reaped through utilising RPA
- Tackling the “fear-factor” – are robots going to steal all of our jobs?
- Developing an RPA Centre of Excellence – best practice and governance
Stage 1 - Emerging3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Hit the ground running – enabling SSC success right from the start, whilst fast-tracking to GBS
In this expert-led panel session, learn from
SSC practitioners who have a wealth of
experience in SSC set up.
- The biggest challenges re SSC set-up
- How to develop a Target Operating Model for SSC
- Senior leadership engagement within
- How to set your location - balancing cost and future growth
- Tips and tricks to accelerate those wins –
Stage 2 - Evolving3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Increased value matched with better service – Delivering improved results to your business
You have set up your SSC, have realised
the initial cost-savings, and your centre has
stabilised. What’s next?
In this session, learn how to:
- Embed Continuous improvements into
the heart of your shared services centre
to continue to add additional value
- Navigate internal politics – how to
encourage trust in your operations, and
further SSC growth
- Explore your future operations- simplification and standardisation
- Challenge your employees’ BAU
mindset – develop initiatives to strive for
Stage 3- Adding Value3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Next Level Service – Thinking outside the back-office box
We have come a long-way from SSCs
being seen purely as a back-office offering,
and with ever more complex activities and
functions being incorporated into SSCs,
discover what could be the next addition
for your centre...
- What have innovative and advanced
GBS centres already centralised?
- How has this expansion up the value
curve impacted hiring?
- Teething issues– how to build business
unit support and build confidence in
advanced and new service lines.
- The sky’s the limit!– can anything not be
GBS Evolution Forum3:45 pm - 4:15 pm The never ending story of GBS.... what does the future hold?
As RPA and cognitive become more
main-stream, there are a myriad of options
available for GBS leaders to optimize their
service. Whilst there will never be one
“one size fits all” approach, in this session
discover the models that others are
deploying, what is working (and perhaps
more importantly, what isn’t!) in order to
shape your future delivery.
- What is the optimum service TOM for your
company? Are captive, hybrid, or virtual
centres right for you?
- How to leverage the successes of
automation to optimize your service
4:15 pm - 4:20 pm 5 Minute Changeover
Stage 1 - Emerging4:20 pm - 4:50 pm Dressed for success –Stitching together tradition and innovation
In this case-study presentation, learn how
an iconic, FTSE-listed brand is kick-starting
its pioneering GBS journey.
Discover how to:
- Use GBS as an innovation driver
- Embrace digital innovations to drive service performance
Stage 2 - Evolving4:20 pm - 4:50 pm Adidas Business Services – Born with a sports mentality
After years of stable growth, Adidas
Business Services is now rapidly expanding
the scope of its operations. How to
continue to engage its FTEs during this
period of service transformation?
- Employee branding strategy
- Developing a team ethos and mentality
- “Daily-huddles” and quick wins
- Fighting attrition levels whilst scaling
Stage 3 - Adding Value4:20 pm - 4:50 pm The energy inside your business – Expanding the perception of Business Services
National Grid has embarked upon a
Business Services overhaul – completely
redefining and transforming the way in
which the Business Services Organisation
interacts with the business units.
In this session:
- Develop a strategy for raising the profile
of business services
- Implement a TOM “eliminate, automate,
- Drive digital engagement – harnessing
the power of technology to transform
customer touch points
- Optimising service levels
GBS Evolution Forum4:20 pm - 12:00 am Global Standardisation vs Diversity of Service...GE’s GBS Transformation
Discover how global conglomerate and
Fortune 500 company GE is embracing
technological innovations in order to
catapult it’s GBS operations into the future
Learn how to:
- Cope with the diversity vs standardisation problem
- How GE has utilised internal robotics to
create an internal centre of excellence for robotic
- Drive process improvement and enhancement initiatives- discover how crowdsourcing initiatives have identified new opportunites for robotics
4:50 pm - 4:55 pm 5 Minute Changeover
4:55 pm - 5:25 pm Kitting out an ambitious SSC
In this session, learn how embedding
automation and best practice
from the outset is essential in order to land
that jump to GBS success
- Leading revolutionary business
transformation – keep your metrics
in green whilst embedding change
- Accelerating your standardisation
4:55 pm - 5:25 pm Service Modernisation – Agile, Elastic Services
Like many, NBC has been running
shared services for years, and has gone
through stages of evolution, growth and
expansion. Discover how this organisation
is remodernising its SSC offering,
consolidating strategy across the group,
incorporating automation, and aligning
is the SSC strategy with the business to
provide enhanced value.
In this session, learn:
- The importance of adaptability – how to
cerate elastic service that can quickly
respond to changing business needs.
- The “need to knows” - top tips to
transforming your SSC whilst overhauling
and modernizing your operations
- Process and adaptability – are end-to-
end processes still relevant?
4:55 pm - 5:25 pm Should you give your Bot your messy processes?
For many SSC leaders, the main factor
keeping them from exploring RPA further is
that their processes are not standardised,
simplified or “clean” enough for RPA.
But how standardised is “standardised
enough” for a bot?
In this session, discover:
- Methods to get yourself ready to deploy
- Which processes to focus on first to optimise your results.
4:55 pm - 5:25 pm Changing the positioning of GBS – jumping up the value chain
In this session, hear from Devi Kencki on
how Swiss Re are changing the positioning
of their GBS model – moving up the value
chain, but working backwards to ensure a
cycle of business engagement.
In this presentation:
- Construct a GBS strategy that is
close to your business, right from the off
- Establishing a TOM for GBS, nearashore,
offshore, or hybrid?
- Automation realisation. Getting the best
out of your services.
5:25 pm - 6:05 pm Out Of The Box Speaker
South African mountaineer Cathy O’Dowd is the first woman in the world to climb Mount Everest from both sides. Her talks combine adventure,
drama, failure and success, sharing with her audiences lessons learnt from one of the world’s most spectacular challenges, weaves together
the literal adventure of the climb and the metaphorical challenge of reaching for the peak of achievement. Her inspirational keynotes focus on
undertaking journeys, self-motivation, team dynamics, leadership, risk-assessment and tackling seemingly overwhelming challenges. The insights she
has discovered about individuals and teams under intense stress in the face of overwhelming challenges are ones she has been sharing with her
corporate audiences ever since. She is an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker who has spoken in over 40 countries, and has written a
book about her experiences on Everest, Just For The Love Of It.
Cathy remains an active adventurer. She was part of the team that did the first ascent of Nanga Parbat via the Mazeno ridge, and most recently
a ski ascent of the highest peak in Canada. She now lives in Andorra, where she climbs, ski and runs in the mountains.